Beamis12

Malcolm Gladwell
Someone: A Novel
Alice McDermott

Wheat Belly

Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health - William  Davis

The more of these types of books I read , the more confused I become. That wheat is processed differently and that wheat may be the culprit in the current obesity crisis is I guess possible. I think maybe alot of it has to do with the fact that we just move less. Quite a bit less. Our parents may not have exercised but they moved, whether it was cleaning, lugging vacuums up and down, baking and kneading, they did not have drive thrus, and they walked, to the park the store or wherever. My mom did not learn to drive until after my father;s death.

So I guess I don't buy the it's only the wheat theory. Plus every single diet is different, this one lets you have unlimited cheese, the paleo says nope, no cheese for you. That vegetables are good is no great revelation, we all know this.

Maybe everyone just needs to find their own path, what works for them, get up and move and quit reading these books.