Beamis12

Someone: A Novel
Alice McDermott

Eating Wildly

Eating Wildly: Foraging for Life, Love and the Perfect Meal - Ava Chin

I loved this memoir, I thought it was going to be a book on and wholly food and nature type movement, but it turned out to be so much more. Her relationship with her grandparents reminded me so much of mine, spending weekends together, learning so much and receiving from them so much love and acceptance that it could only be considered priceless.

Loved learning about all the different things that can be found in urban areas that we call weeds, berries that grow wildly, mushrooms and so much more that people have used as medicine in the past. Her heritage with her grandparents, her grandfather in particular, who was the cook in their family is the first to entice her taste buds and give her a life long love of food.

Loved reading about this whole wild food movement, foraging in Central Park and other nature preserves for little tidbits in which to build or add t a meal. Contests, groups a whole movement trying to get back to nature in whatever little way they can.

Now I can;t see myself foraging for food, frankly I don;t know what I am doing, much rooms are all the same to me, I would just end up poisoning myself and my family, but I love that people are doing this. It may be something I take up in the future, with some training if the opportunity presents itself. Extremely interesting and well written.

ARC from publisher.